Rules

Rules:
1. Read the writing prompt, but only the prompt. I don't want your writing to be influenced by my (or anyone else's) response.
2. Sit down and spend 15-30 min writing whatever comes to mind. Poetry, prose, whatever you want, just write something. Don't make it something you labor over. Write. Enjoy.
3. Share in the comments.
4. Please keep it PG-13 and under. Don't go all 50 Shades or Chucky on me.
5. There is a time and a place for constructive criticism. This is not one of them. This is a stretching exercise. Please remember the words of Thumper, "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
***All material on this site remains the property of the original author. Do not copy or share without permission. Thank you! **


Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Chocolate

I have a bookmark that reads: Schokolade zergeht auf der Seele, sie schmilzt elegant ueber unseren Alltag und tropft direct in unser Herz.  (Forgive me for indulging in my German ...)

Translated:  Chocolate melts in our souls.  She melts elegantly over our daily lives and drops directly into our Hearts.

My first thought was to have the prompt suggest to change the word "chocolate" to something else and use that, but the more I tried the more I realized, there is just no replacing chocolate.

The Prompt:  Chocolate melts in our souls.  She melts elegantly over our daily lives and drops directly into our Hearts.

*******************************************************************************

My response:

I was tempted to knock the whole Ritter Sport display into my backpack.  It was nearly empty and would only cost about $30.  Besides, I needed to use up my Euros before I got on the plane.  Then Jessica stepped up beside me, her hands full of Milka and Toblerone Bars.  My hands reached out, and I grabbed the row of Marzipan Ritter Sport, then turned around to get some Milka for myself. 

Jessica and I headed to the register together.

"What on earth are you buying so much chocolate for?!" the cashier asked.

"We're flying back to America today."  Jessica explained.  "We can't get good chocolate like this back there."

The cashier shook her head.  "But you have so much other stuff in America to eat!"

Jessica and I exchanged dubious looks.  "Like what?"

The cashier's eyes grew wide.  "Donuts!"

Jessica and I both burst out laughing.  "Donuts?!  You want donuts?!"

She had a point, though.  Chocolate can be shipped.  Donuts ... not so much.

Then again, if she'd said, "Reeses Pieces," I would have agreed wholeheartedly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment