Rules

Rules:
1. Read the writing prompt, but only the prompt. I don't want your writing to be influenced by my (or anyone else's) response.
2. Sit down and spend 15-30 min writing whatever comes to mind. Poetry, prose, whatever you want, just write something. Don't make it something you labor over. Write. Enjoy.
3. Share in the comments.
4. Please keep it PG-13 and under. Don't go all 50 Shades or Chucky on me.
5. There is a time and a place for constructive criticism. This is not one of them. This is a stretching exercise. Please remember the words of Thumper, "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
***All material on this site remains the property of the original author. Do not copy or share without permission. Thank you! **


Monday, October 5, 2015

Pudgieness

This week's prompt is brought to you by the random ramblings of my brain ...

The prompt: "Pudginess is an admirable trait in a man.  But for a ..."

Enjoy!

******************************************************************************

My response:

Pudginess is an admirable trait in a man.  But for a noblewoman, especially one looking to marry, it wasn't an asset.  If I had inherited my mother's fine bones and gag reflex, I would have been tiny, like her.  Instead, I inherited my dad's endless appetite and wooly mammoth bones.

It could be worse.  The only thing keeping Dad back was his two older brothers in line for the throne.  As far as social standing goes, he's at the top.  Mama was a wealthy heiress, and a good match for the prince who would never be king.

I don't lack social standing.  I don't lack money.  In fact, of all the girls vying for husbands, I am one of the few who has the novelty of being able to marry for love.  But with a round waist and a penchant for hiding away with my books, will I be able to find someone who loves me?


(Ahh!  Forgive me for the crazy stereotypes in this post.  It's just what came to me.  - If I wanted to get introspective about it, it might reveal something about my own insecurities about my body.)

No comments:

Post a Comment