Rules

Rules:
1. Read the writing prompt, but only the prompt. I don't want your writing to be influenced by my (or anyone else's) response.
2. Sit down and spend 15-30 min writing whatever comes to mind. Poetry, prose, whatever you want, just write something. Don't make it something you labor over. Write. Enjoy.
3. Share in the comments.
4. Please keep it PG-13 and under. Don't go all 50 Shades or Chucky on me.
5. There is a time and a place for constructive criticism. This is not one of them. This is a stretching exercise. Please remember the words of Thumper, "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
***All material on this site remains the property of the original author. Do not copy or share without permission. Thank you! **


Monday, October 6, 2014

Ruins

Let's go with a picture prompt this week:
 

Enjoy!

*********************************************************************************

My response:

She padded softly across the stone, the mossy surface damp under the pads of her feet.  She kept to the shadows, where she was less likely to be seen.  Hunting in the daytime was difficult for her.  The tall trees of the canopy cast long shadows over the jungle, but her prey had sharp eyes, and her shining black pelt shimmered in the light.  It was much easier in the dark.

But tonight she was hungry.  Only two cubs remained of the three she'd born half a moon ago.  They were so small and helpless, and they drained her strength from her with their own hunger.  She was exhausted, but she didn't dare rest out of sight of her den.  She wasn't the only shadow out hunting this day.

(I know this is shorter than my typical responses, but I'm going to exercise my right to say, nope, I'm not feeling this one.  Maybe it's because I haven't written anything anthropomorphic since elementary.  No offense to Kipling, I just don't think it's my thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment