Rules

Rules:
1. Read the writing prompt, but only the prompt. I don't want your writing to be influenced by my (or anyone else's) response.
2. Sit down and spend 15-30 min writing whatever comes to mind. Poetry, prose, whatever you want, just write something. Don't make it something you labor over. Write. Enjoy.
3. Share in the comments.
4. Please keep it PG-13 and under. Don't go all 50 Shades or Chucky on me.
5. There is a time and a place for constructive criticism. This is not one of them. This is a stretching exercise. Please remember the words of Thumper, "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
***All material on this site remains the property of the original author. Do not copy or share without permission. Thank you! **


Monday, July 7, 2014

Frazzled

A few days ago, I had a brilliant idea for a prompt.  I almost got so far as to write it in advance and schedule it to post ... almost.  I didn't get that far. 

Then, today was one of those days where you fly from one activity to the next, and my rear end has only just met the surface of a chair for the first time.  It's been a long day, friends, and I'm feeling a little ... frazzled.  All my good ideas have been zapped out of my head.

So our prompt for this week: Frazzled.  (... and I'll go ahead and skew it towards memoir.  When have you been frazzled?)

****************************************************************************

My response:

I pulled the door closed behind me and felt a fifty pound bag of bricks drop from my shoulders.  Finally.  In. Bed.  Wow.  I pull my head towards my right shoulder, and my neck pops.  Just as relief hits, the neck muscle on the right side spasms.  I flop my head over to the left side and reach my left arm across my chest, trying to work out the kink in the muscle.  Ouch!  It's hard as rocks.  I check the muscle on the other side as comparison.  It's not nearly as hard.  Now I feel justified. 

I pad down the hallway towards the kitchen.  I need to relax.  I need to sit for two minutes without small voices echoing in my ears and small hands pulling on my arms ... legs ... knees ... ears. 

I need ice cream.

I take my ice cream into the living room and curl up in a fetal position on the couch.  The ice cream fits just so between my knees, and I can prop my book up like this.  Perfect.  Deep breath in.  Deep breath out. 

Now let's see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment