Rules

Rules:
1. Read the writing prompt, but only the prompt. I don't want your writing to be influenced by my (or anyone else's) response.
2. Sit down and spend 15-30 min writing whatever comes to mind. Poetry, prose, whatever you want, just write something. Don't make it something you labor over. Write. Enjoy.
3. Share in the comments.
4. Please keep it PG-13 and under. Don't go all 50 Shades or Chucky on me.
5. There is a time and a place for constructive criticism. This is not one of them. This is a stretching exercise. Please remember the words of Thumper, "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
***All material on this site remains the property of the original author. Do not copy or share without permission. Thank you! **


Monday, April 8, 2013

Felicity

It's been a while since we had a picture prompt.  This one is, again, from Julie Fain.  I'd love to have her do my cover art. 

There you are.  Go.  Write.  Enjoy!
*************************************************
My response:
Infant born, in the dark, deep night,
Worlds line up to give thee might,
Stars align and galaxies spin,
To bless thee and thy earthly kin.
Mistress, grown tall in the sun's bright rays,
Mystery and wonder fill thy days,
Truth and right and dark and light,
Dance around thee, give thee sight.
Woman, at the end of days,
Make thy choice and forge the way,
The fate of souls rest on thy skills,
Bend the universe to thy will.
And Save us.
Hmmm.  I'm not sure if this is my favorite post.  I generally stay away from poetry, although I enjoy reading it.  I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with.